Monday, November 19, 2018

Week 5



So last week I stretched the truth just a little bit. I actually was not done with my staining at the time of my blog post and did not finish until the weekend after. So for the majority of this past week I have stained my chair my chair which is now completely stained and polyurethane it.
My staining is not perfect
because sometimes I put on a coat in a hurry I wasn’t super careful about wiping everything down before I let the coat sink in. So there are a few spots which are darker and a bit more rough looking than they should look. I used a high gloss poly on top of the stain so now my chair is much darker and way more shiny than it was originally.
So for what I was actually supposed to do this week was to work on my patterns and buttons. My buttons are completely done. My mom’s friend did them with a machine and sent them back to me. I have discussed with my mom how to cut out the patterns and will do that next week. So here’s to next week actually doing what I say I am going to do.



No comments:

Post a Comment