The Week of Sharks and Charts
Week one is done, and I really liked how laid back it was. Just fill out your planner and then do your shark tank pitch. Great I can handle that! The shark tank pitch was not all that difficult for me. Although I can probably credit that to speech class sophomore year. The worst part about the pitch was that I lost my sheet with the couple of questions we had to answer and then had to snapchat frantically until someone responded and saved me!Thanks Bailee Lizzy and Kelli!
The planner was a bit more difficult and I had to redo several times. My current planner I fear I won't follow it very well. I think I am going to struggle to follow it because the time I allotted for some things might be too much time but we'll see! If my planner is not correct I guess I will talk to Mrs. Crews and figure it out.
The first two weeks I plan to strip my chair down to the under layer(probably not the technical term) and then hopefully have done a good enough job of stripping so that I did not completely destroy the old fabric. I need the fabric to be taken off carefully so I can recreate the upholstery.
The first two weeks I plan to strip my chair down to the under layer(probably not the technical term) and then hopefully have done a good enough job of stripping so that I did not completely destroy the old fabric. I need the fabric to be taken off carefully so I can recreate the upholstery.
-Claire
I am also concerned with straying from my planner, as I have already made decisions that directly conflict with it. Hopefully it's not a big deal! I really enjoyed reading this post as it feels very relaxed and it's as if you're explaining everything to me in person. I would love to know what color and type of fabric you'll be using for your new upholstery, and what it is that you'll be doing with the chair when it is finished.
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed your conversational writing style. It makes it feel as if you are listening to a friend talk and who doesn't like that? Learning project management skills is valuable but difficult. I feel that keeping track of the reasons the planning doesn't work and the adaptations you make to keep progressing toward the goal is one of the most important parts of Genius Hour. Those are the skills you can really use in your life.
ReplyDelete